We recognize that the management of safety, health and environment is an integral component of our manufacturing operations.
Consistent with this, the company aims to:-
- Establish programs to conserve resources, minimize waste, personal injury and prevent pollution thereby protecting the safety and health of people as well as the business interest.
- Provide and maintain a culture in which all forms of loss, whether they are human, material or financial are eliminated or kept at a minimum.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and standards that reflect the company’s commitment to safety and health.
The applicable laws include- :
- The Public Health Act (Chapter 15:09) of 1996.
- Food and Food Standards Act (Chapter 15:04).
- Labour Act (Chapter 28:01)
- NSSA Act of 1990
- Environment Management Act
To achieve these objectives the company and employees will:-
- Ensure that all our employees and interested parties/stake holders are informed and trained on their responsibilities regarding this policy.
- Ensure that all employees are responsible and accountable for their safety and health as well as the upkeep of company property and the environment.
- Be empowered to stop unsafe work practices.
- Ensure that all departmental heads take full responsibility for enforcing all safety standards in their areas of operation.
- Be responsible for working towards the continuous improvement of company’s commitment towards safety and health.